My Debt Free Life: Increasing Income


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Murphy's law

Frugal Thanksgiving - Decor

Water, Water, Everywhere?

Autumn Colors Simple Craft

Cleaning Your Financial House

Save, Save, Save With After Holiday Shopping

Frugal Halloween Tips

Halloween Ideas

Leftover HALLOWEEN CANDY Recipes

Frugal Links



Monday, November 05, 2007
Increasing Income
By Lynn Forgy

My earlier post today was mostly a vent - if you read it, thanks. I've been obsessing on Murphy all day, and rather than continuing to mope and whine, I need to take action. I've started a list of things (it's small now, and in the beginning stages, but I hope to add to it as time goes on) that I can do from home to make some extra money, working around my full time and part time jobs, family, and home.



1) Writing - this can include writing and submitting various articles to paying sites (blogs, etc.). Over the past several weeks, I've seen several sites that pay anywhere from $5 to $100 per article, on numerous topics. Another media outlet that warrants further research would be local newspapers. Selling an ebook, either online through your own site, ebay, etc., is an option as well.

2) Ebay - I keep coming back to this because I love the idea of being able to find anything and everything in one place. I have two books to list (similar books have sold for $20 and up - I paid $2), and I also bought a vintage Christmas decoration last weekend at a local thrift store that I would like to list.

3) Transcription - this could include data entry, any kind of typing, etc. My career as a legal assistant/paralegal has enabled me to do research (online, from home) for people. A good place to advertise for free is craigslist. Perhaps you can build your own website (there are many free websites that will do this for you, and will also host your site for free - the only catch is the advertising bar across the top). Sending emails to business owners in the field in which you want to work may also be a good way to get the word out about your new service. Referrals are very important as well. Be creative with the marketing!

4) Holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching. Many people will be shopping for presents or food, having their houses cleaned, and doing things to get ready for the holidays. Maybe you have a craft or some type of homemade item that you can sell - this is a great time to do it!

5) Hobby - Do you have a hobby that you can turn into cash? I love antiques, so finding an old treasure and selling it for a profit would be my way of turning a hobby into cash (although it's not always easy parting with an item). Maybe you love writing - try selling a story or article online. Something that you're passionate about, and by your enthusiasm can make others passionate about, is a great place to start.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home