My Debt Free Life: Extra Income, Part 2


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Generating Extra Income

QUESTION OF THE DAY

My Journey to Freedom



Saturday, September 29, 2007
Extra Income, Part 2
As a full-time mother, with a full-time job and a part-time job, finding time to pursue another source of income is difficult to say the least. As I mentioned in the post entitled "Generating Extra Income", online surveys can be a way to make some extra cash. I have also signed up with:

1) ZoomPanel (390 points, use points to receive items)

2) American Consumer Panel (I'm still working on this)

3) Mindfield ($3.00)

4) Cash Crate ($0, signed up 9/28, Sign up)

5) Lightspeed Panel (150 points, use points to redeem items)

6) My Points (230 points, used to redeem things like gift cards & other items)

7) Sunshine Rewards (2.13 points, used to redeem gift cards, Sign up)

8) Synovate (1,045 points, 5000 points = $5 cash)

9) Treasure Trooper ($3, Sign Up)

10) Vindale ($2, Sign Up )

11) Your 2 Cents ($1)

*If there is not a link beside any of the above, just email me for a referral.

As you can see from the numbers beside the survey name, the amount I have earned to date is not enough to pay the rent. Therefore, a more creative approach is necessary.

1) Yard sales /ebay auctions - these are great, except I have already sold everything I can possibly sell. So, moving along...

2) Coupons - freebies, buy one/get one, etc. I LOVE the site Hot Coupon World. There are postings for coupons, freebies, and more. This probably won't make any money for you, but you could save some on groceries or other purchases.

3) Recycling - OK, so you won't make a gazillion dollars, but you will be helping the environment & you're wallet. Let me give you an example - my daughter, who was about 7 at the time, saved up enough money from recycling aluminum cans (the "donations" came from my job) to buy a used laptop computer. Every little bit helps.

4) Auctions & Yard Sales - How about attending local auctions and patronizing your fellow man's yard sales? I would recommend viewing the photos for upcoming auctions prior to attending. This will allow you to see what some of the items are before you go, and you can check out similar items on ebay or other auction sites to find out if you could make any money from reselling the item. The auctions I've attended, however, sometimes have very competitive people so you should set a limit on the amount that you're willing to pay for an item and not get caught up in the bidding war.

5) Consignment shops - Do you have a lot of clothes, purses, etc. (particularly children's clothing) that you no longer need or want? Try consigning them at a local shop.

6) If you are crafty or can sew (neither of which I'm particularly blessed with), you could try selling some of your items at a local community fair or online. I have seen purses that some of the locals have made that sell for $20-$50 (and the cost to make them was at the most $5).

7) At Home Office work - I would love to be able to do this, but in my area and skillset it is not a perfect fit. For some, however, this may be the key to your extra income. If you are gifted in billing software (Quickbooks is a good example), small businesses might be among your first clients.

This is not a complete list, but for me it was a way to brainstorm - try to come up with ideas that would work for me. I have been pondering what to do for months now, and still have not found a solution. I know that if I continue to pray, and trust God, I will be provided an answer. It may not be the one I want, but it will be His answer.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home