My Debt Free Life: Can It Be Done?


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Saturday, December 15, 2007
Can It Be Done?
By Lynn Forgy



I have set a goal for myself, some might say a very unattainable goal given my situation. Nevertheless, I said my goal aloud and am now writing it down. If I do not even try to reach it, I will not succeed. My goal: to pay off my student loan and car payment by the end of May. The numbers: approximately $15,000. This means that in addition to the $800 extra I am paying towards my debt snowball each month, I now must come up with an additional $2200 each month, or a lump sum of $11,000.

Some people might say I am setting myself up to fail - maybe they're right. But I like to dream big. If I reach even half of that (a more realistic expectation), I will be happy. However, I am aiming for the big number.

My first step - PRAYER. I will ask God for guidance and discernment, and try to remember that even though I want something it may not be God's will for me. Therefore, maybe my goal won't be reached and/or in the time frame I've allotted, but whatever happens I am in God's care. Through Him, the impossible becomes possible.

My second step - I have given myself until the end of this year (16 days) to brainstorm as many ways as possible of earning a total of $11K in 5 months. I started a list 2 days ago, and will continue to list my ideas until December 31st.

My third step - Acting on the list will begin at the first of the year. Currently, I have a full time job, as well as a part time job. Beginning in January, the income I earn from the part time job will go towards my goal. I will then need an additional $1800 per month to reach my monthly goal.

I am a member of several Yahoo groups that deal with finances, and there are a plethora of ideas on making extra money. The only restrictions I have on making extra money to reach my goal are: (1) it must be legal, (2) it must not go against my morals. That shouldn't be difficult.

I received a "reward" yesterday of $10.00, not much but every little amount helps. So my goal now is $10,990.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home