My Debt Free Life: Frugality


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Extra Income, Part 2

Generating Extra Income

QUESTION OF THE DAY

My Journey to Freedom



Sunday, September 30, 2007
Frugality
My September posts dealt with my thoughts on ways to generate extra income. I have a full time job as a legal assistant, and I work part-time as an office assistant. Sometimes it just isn't possible to fit another job in - unless you don't need those 4 or 5 hours of sleep you've been getting.

Cutting expenses is one way to feel as if your income has increased. My favorite way to cut expenses is to slash the grocery budget. I take it as a personal challenge to try to spend less this week than I did last week.

Below is this week's dinner menu, along with the prices for each item - the prices may vary in your area. I do NOT watch my carbs, protein, yada yada, although I am mindful of my fat intake, so you can adjust this according to your diet. And I am NOT a nutritionist, but I do try to incorporate as many food groups as I can into a meal. *Your vote in the poll at the bottom of the page would be appreciated*

Sunday:
Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, green vegetable (peas or green beans)
Spaghetti noodles $.80
Ground turkey $2.00
Bread (loaf $.90, 6 pieces used, cost approx $.18)
Peas $.50 can
TOTAL $3.48

Monday:
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken $1.98 (for 1 pound)
Veg-All $1.00
Crust (I make my own, $.20)
TOTAL $3.18

Tuesday:
Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans
Chicken $1.98
Macaroni shells $.80
Cheese $2.00
Green beans $.50
TOTAL $5.28

Wednesday:
Veggie Night
Peas $.50
Squash $2.00 ($1/lb)
Potatoes $1.25 ($2.50 for 10 lb bag on sale)
Corn $1.20 (4 ears of corn)
Bread $.18 (6 slices of loaf bread)
TOTAL $5.13

Thursday:
Tuna and Rice with Peas
Tuna $1.00
Rice $1.09 (1/2 box)
Peas $.50
TOTAL $2.59

Friday:
Pizza
Crust (I make my own for about $.20, but you can purchase the bag of crust for $.70)
Sauce $.80
Toppings - Cheese $1.50, Pepperoni $3.00 (we LOVE pepperoni so we use about 1/2 = $1.50)
TOTAL $4.00

Saturday
Tacos
Chicken (I don't eat beef) $1.98
Shells $.80
Seasoning $.40
TOTAL $3.18

For some of the items (such as the homemade crust and mac & cheese), I'm assuming that the ingredients are already in the pantry. So the total dinner budget for this week is $26.84 . Lunches are taken care of - leftovers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home