My Debt Free Life: The New Year and Resolutions


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Thursday, December 27, 2007
The New Year and Resolutions
By Lynn Forgy

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Now everyone seems to be gearing up towards the New Year - which inevitably means not only New Year's Eve celebrations, but the dreaded resolutions as well.

I have given up on making "resolutions" - it's been at least a decade since I made one, and even longer than that in which I actually kept a resolution I had made (I don't remember sticking to a resolution for longer than a week). So with this fatalist attitude, I am attempting not a resolution, but a goal. I mentioned it last week in a post, and am providing a status update - not only for the readers but also for myself as an accountability tool.

My GOAL is to payoff my 2 remaining loans in my debt snowball (which does not include the house - that will come later). The total amount is approximately $15,000, and the initial timeframe I gave myself was until the end of May 2008. I know that this is not a realistic goal, but I like to dream big. I have until the end of 2007 - 4 more days - in which to list as many ways as possible in which to produce more money to throw at these 2 debts.



To date, the list is not that long, but I am happy to say that with Christmas bonuses, I have reduced the debt total somewhat. Still, I need to continue brainstorming to come up with more ways to earn money.

1) I am still participating in the online surveys and email reading campaigns (if you're interested, the links are on the top left of this site). I do not plan on touching this money until the end of May, taking it out at that time and putting it towards the snowball. The total of these surveys (Hits4Pay, Inbox Dollars, and Your 2 Cents) is $50.

2) I will be having a gigantic yard sale in the spring, and my goal is to make $500 to $1000. That, too, seems high - but again, I'm a dreamer. I have furniture to sell, lots of household items, etc., etc. Of course, a lot of the yard sale money will be going towards my daughter's big dream (my whole family is full of dreamers), so only some of the proceeds will be going towards my snowball.

3) If I get a tax refund, this will be used for the snowball.

4) Etsy.com - a neat website where you can buy and sell homemade items. If I could find something that I was good at making (this is a long shot as I am so not crafty), this would be a great venue. Their fees are low, and the categories of items are plentiful.

5) I have posted an ad on craigslist offering my services as a photo scanner.

This concludes my list to date. Any ideas are welcome and appreciated!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home