My Debt Free Life: Preparing for Baby Step 3


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






How to Get Things for Free

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

One Way to Save Money - $$$

UPDATE - Debt Tracker

Upate on Income/Expenses

Income Update

When I Tithe...

A Word to the Wise

Debt Tracker - UPDATE

How to Find Mystery Shopping Companies



Thursday, November 27, 2008
Preparing for Baby Step 3
By Lynn Forgy



At the end of the year, I will once again take a look at my assets and liabilities. This information will be typed in a financial statement (very basic, of course, since I have not a lot of one and what seems like an over-abundance of the other) so that I can see my progress since the same time last year.

Prior to this, however, I hope to have completed Baby Step 2. As you can see from the bar on the right, I have only $999 remaining to finish this step. The remainder is my student loan, and I hope to have it paid off by the end of December.

In preparation of this wonderful event, I have been looking forward to Baby Step 3. At this step, I would be saving 3 to 6 months of living expenses. This would include my basics: mortgage, groceries, utilities, electricity, health insurance, life insurance, and tithing. I have been debating whether or not to include phone, cable, and other "necessities"; however, I think that it would cause me less stress if I were to just include those things that I shouldn't live without. I could live without cable, although probably not happily, and the same could be said of my cell phone. My total for monthly living expenses would be $1,500 per month, and I would need to have $4,500 to $9,000 in my fully funded emergency fund for Baby Step 3.

Thinking about the length of time I would need to complete Baby Step 3 is not good for my digestion. Although if I put it into perspective, it will take a lot less time to accomplish this step than it did to finish Baby Step 2.

I'd love to hear from others out there who are working on the steps!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home