My Debt Free Life: The Tithes that Bind


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Ways to Get Out of Debt...

What if...

Food Budget

Fat Free Sugar Cookies

Demo for Dollars

Cheap Meals

GRRRR....

Frugal Friday Tip

Drastic Times Call for Drastic Measures

Poverty



Sunday, October 25, 2009
The Tithes that Bind
By Lynn Forgy

I've been complaining for months that I have NO extra money, my expenses continually creep up, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I've applied to numerous part time jobs, taken on extra work when I can, sold everything I can, and yet I can't seem to get ahead. So what's a girl to do?

My thoughts? TITHE! Maybe it seems a little wacky to think that I should give more when I can't make ends meet now, but let me explain...

Several years ago, I took a Crown Financial class at my church. I learned biblical principles on managing money. I tithed 10%, religiously. And you know what? I always had enough. Don't ask me how - all I know is it worked. I still had to pinch pennies, but I didn't worry so much, which made everything seem like it would be okay.

For the past year, give or take a few months, I haven't been tithing the full 10%. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't. And not only do I struggle each month to pay the bills, sometimes borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, I am filled with worry.

The sermon at church this morning was on stewardship. God rewards those who are faithful. I realize that my "rewards" may not be a gigantic increase in my income, or that all my debt will be paid off miraculously. But I do believe that I will feel better and that God will reward me in some manner.

So I'm making a conscious decision, and a commitment to God - each check I receive, every bit of income I get, I will set aside 10% to give back to God. I plan on keeping a record or a journal for 3 months to see what has happened during that time. I don't expect to be worse off at the end of the 3 months than I am now, and in fact, I feel like something good will come from this experience.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home