My Debt Free Life: Poverty


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Bartering

Cheap Meals

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Merry Christmas

Christmas Gift Ideas

Preparing for Baby Step 3

How to Get Things for Free

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

One Way to Save Money - $$$

UPDATE - Debt Tracker



Sunday, January 25, 2009
Poverty
By W. Haynes

For several years, there has been a deep-seated longing in me to do something about the invisible or unseen members of our society. At least that's how I see them - those living in poverty or very close to it.

I want to visit these people, see their homes, understand their lives and what it's like for them on a day to day basis. I've been told, however, that this curiosity on my part may in fact offend these people that I am so interested in. That surprised me - I don't think I would be offended if someone was truly interested in seeing how I lived, appreciated how hard it was at times to pay the bills, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

I am by no means wealthy, but I am not destitute or even what the government considers low income. I just want to do something, to bring attention to people that are often ignored or forgotten. It seems to me that for some people it's too painful to recognize them as fellow human beings, or maybe it reminds us of where we could find ourselves or where we came from.

I came across a website that I found interesting, and perhaps you might as well.

Better Budgeting.com

Other sites of interest:

The Poverty Site - Of particular interest to me was the daily spending calculator (I put in my totals and found, to my surprise, that I spend a great deal more than $2 per day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home