My Debt Free Life: I Am Not Alone


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Saturday, December 29, 2007
I Am Not Alone

By Lynn Forgy

Sometimes when I am balancing my checkbook, working on my budget, or telling my daughter "No" for the umpteenth time, I feel like no one else is going through this - struggling to be debt free. Everywhere I look, people are spending money on clothes, cars, new furniture, stuff, stuff, and more stuff. At those times, I feel like a freak.

It helps to know that I am not alone. There are a great many number of people who are fighting this battle as well, and more joining up every day.

Below are a few that I have found that I think are worth checking out:

NeedToBeDebtFree

DebtBeaters

TimeToBudget

Of course, the Dave Ramsey Yahoo groups that are out there - I love getting these posts and reading other people's stories. I am always learning new things from the other members, and it helps to hear what they have to say about their journey to financial freedom.

Journeying to debt freedom may seem abnormal to some, living without credit cards, car debt, etc. But the joy and peace that is sure to follow your last payment will undoubtedly outweigh the criticism or sarcasm you might receive from those "normal" folks who choose to follow the more traveled road.
2 Comments:

Thanks for the link ;)

2:56 PM  

My wife and I have felt very similar to you. Its not easy living frugal and sacrificing in order to become debt free but, we have to do it.

Thanks for mentioning my blog. I'm subscribing to read your blog today and will add it to my blog roll.

Good Luck!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home