My Debt Free Life: Goal Update


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Cash Discounts

Pinching Pennies

Mac and Cheese, Please

Saving Money in the Kitchen

Mystery shopping and other income injections

The Frugal Life

More on Frugal Cleaning

Frugal Cleaning

Frugal Dinner Menu

A Diet of Sorts



Thursday, January 31, 2008
Goal Update
By Lynn Forgy

To the right of the screen, I have my goal of paying off my 2 remaining loans (car & student) by the end of May 2008, a total of $15,000.00.



To date, I have managed to save almost 1/3 of that, half of which came from my extra part time job in the last quarter of 2007 and the other half will be coming from my tax refund.

So now that the total is down to $10,000.00, I really have to work on coming up with that money. I've been signing up for mystery shops (the best one so far seems to be ShopNChek, but I haven't gotten paid yet so I'll let you know) and am still working my part time job.

Other ideas I've been throwing around include:

1) Cleaning - I have posted ads on craigslist and some local yahoo groups, but I think to really start I need to place a classified ad in the newspaper.

2) I cut the satellite service down from some fancy schmancy plan to the very basic, and only on 1 TV which will save me about $450 per year.

3) I've been trimming my regular monthly expenses as much as possible - this includes groceries, gas, water, etc. Anything and everything is game!

4) Yard Sale - I have high hopes for an upcoming yard sale this spring. My goal: $3,000. (I really like to dream big :) - but I do plan on selling several (many?) pieces of furniture).

5) Surveys - My online surveys should bring about $100-$200 by the end of May. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Want to see your great money saving / money earning ideas on my blog? Send them to me by email!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home