My Debt Free Life: Mystery shopping and other income injections


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






The Frugal Life

More on Frugal Cleaning

Frugal Cleaning

Frugal Dinner Menu

A Diet of Sorts

Organic?

When I Was Hungry

I Am Not Alone

The New Year and Resolutions

Barney’s Banana Granola Cookies



Saturday, January 19, 2008
Mystery shopping and other income injections
By Lynn Forgy

I've recently begun mystery shopping, with only a few companies, and although the competition is fierce I think that this might be a good way to inject money into my Debt Snowball.



Granted, I've only been on 1 actual shop, however, I am signed up for 3 the first weekend in February, and have 6 pending for that same weekend. If I get them all, I will have made a total of $84. Of course, the amount of hours spent will be somewhere around 5 or 6, not to mention the gas costs (perhaps $3-5 for my fuel efficient vehicle). But that will be $84 towards my Debt Snowball that I don't have now.

The two companies that I've signed up, where I've actually been given a shop and/or gone on a shop, are Kern Scheduling and ShopNChek. One thing to note, if you make more than a certain amount each year you will be required to provide your social security number so that the companies can send you a 1099.

Secondly, my surveys are going pretty well. Below are my totals:

Hits4Pay $24.09 (When you sign up, they give you a $10 bonus. All you have to do is read the emails they send to you).

Your2Cents $23 (By completing bonus profiles, you bump up the amount you get for completing each survey - the $23 is for completing about 5 surveys).

Inbox Dollars $14.59 (You can earn more money if you complete their cash offers, etc. However, most of the money I've earned from them is by reading emails and completing a few surveys. None of the money I've earned is from shopping - I am trying to get out of debt, not buy more things.

Global Opinion Panel sends out checks once you've completed surveys. The amount varies, but my daughter and I completed 1 survey and were paid $6.

I've also earned $8.75 from Ebates.com by signing up ($5 bonus) and using a Target Gift Card to purchase items ($3.75 cash).

My plan is to leave the survey money alone, as well as the mystery shop money, until May. At that time, I'll withdraw it all and put it into my Debt Snowball.

If you have any survey companies, mystery shop companies, etc., that you would like to have added to the list, send me an email.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home