My Debt Free Life: Murphy & Me


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Pantry Challenge

Update on Debt Snowball

Blog Carnival

Budget Friendly Meal Planning

Freegan

Frugal Links

Splurging

This Week's Frugal Dinner Menu

Making Ends Meet

Cutting Back



Sunday, March 23, 2008
Murphy & Me
By Lynn Forgy

Happy Easter!

The day started off wonderfully - we were able to get to the Sunrise Service at church on time (6:30 a.m.)! And I had marked off a few things on my "To Do" list yesterday, so the day was to be relaxing and carefree...

But then who should show up but Murphy! Oh, I knew he would come around eventually, he always does, just to let me know that he hasn't forgotten about me. He's like part of the family - the part that you wish belongs to someone else's family.

We were taking a leisurely Sunday drive, and had stopped at a convenience store. I was waiting in the car, when I thought I felt something stuck to my back tooth. Hmm, I thought to myself, what could it be? After several seconds of reviewing what I had eaten, I came to the correct conclusion - another tooth had broken! ARGGGGH! And just in case you didn't know or perhaps have forgotten, I just finished paying for my crown and root canal last month - $1600! So now I'll have to have another filling, at a minimum.

The tooth doesn't hurt, thank goodness, but I am a little angry with myself - like this is something I had some control over, or at least could have put off until May or June when I would have the money. But realistically, I probably wouldn't have it then so I don't suppose it makes much difference when my tooth decides to break off :)

After we came home, and I had gotten accustomed to giving the dentist my paycheck, I ate lunch and then decided to mow some of the backyard. First, I broke the gas can and spilled some of the gas that I had purchased earlier (gas that seems to cost almost as much as a Coach bag - not that I have any of those). Then, so I would really know Murphy was around, I broke the lawn mower! OK, I didn't break it beyond repair (I think), but the cord will have to be replaced and it will be weeks before I can get it back, so the neighbors will all think to themselves how disgusting I am to let my lawn (mostly weeds, actually) become so disastrous looking.

I tell myself it could be worse. And thankfully I do have my Baby Emergency Fund in place if I really need it. So for now, I won't freak out.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home