My Debt Free Life: Splurging


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






This Week's Frugal Dinner Menu

Making Ends Meet

Cutting Back

One of Life's Struggles

More on Mystery Shops

Steady Plodding

Beginning of the Month Budget

Homeschool v. Private School

Goal Update

Cash Discounts



Sunday, March 02, 2008
Splurging
By Lynn Forgy

Yesterday at the grocery store - I splurged, a lot. At least for me. My normal grocery budget per month is $100. I spent almost that entire amount yesterday, and this month is only beginning. I did get enough groceries for meals for 2 weeks, as well as my daughter's school lunches. I knew prior to going that I was going to overspend, and I even know why I felt the need to overspend. I have been on a very tight budget for a little over 2 years, and tightened the belt even more about 5 months ago.

During that time, I was following my budget very well - no excess spending, etc. I sometimes get so tired of living on so little, so usually once every six months I'll overspend. At least this time it was on groceries rather than clothes (although I need those, too). And even $200 per month for my family's groceries is not unreasonable, it is just an expense that I will have to move from another category, which will most likely be my DEBT SNOWBALL.

That's frustrating, to say the least. Although with the cost of gas going up so much, and even grocery prices and other necessities of life continuing to rise, and my pay not increasing of course, I should expect and even plan for this cost of living increase every so often.

I have to work to not feel so guilty about the amount of money I spent on groceries, because we do need to eat. But on the other hand, I have to pay off my debt, and my original goal was to have all my debt paid off excluding the mortgage before the end of May 2008. I do not see how I can accomplish that, but I have been praying to God that this will happen.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home