My Debt Free Life: Bartering


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Cheap Meals

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Merry Christmas

Christmas Gift Ideas

Preparing for Baby Step 3

How to Get Things for Free

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

One Way to Save Money - $$$

UPDATE - Debt Tracker

Upate on Income/Expenses



Sunday, December 28, 2008
Bartering
By Lynn Forgy

My monthly expenses have seemed to increase lately, with dental work, grocery prices, and everything else seemingly going up in price. My income, on the other hand, seems to be going down. With the holidays, instead of working 3 10 hour days, I only worked 2 last week and the same will probably apply to the upcoming week.

With that in mind, I have been considering starting a local barter network. The problem is I don't feel like I have much to offer. I need lots of stuff (electrical, plumbing, and dental work to name a few), yet my skills don't seem as valuable in comparison. My skills include cleaning, billing and invoicing, receptionist, organizing, and secretarial work.

I suppose I could start the board (maybe on Yahoo Groups), and see what comes of it. I have nothing to lose by doing that, and I might find an undiscovered skill that I could barter with!

Anyone have any ideas, comments, success stories they'd like to share?

Labels:

1 Comments:

I think you should pursue the idea of a local barter network. That sounds fantastic.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home