My Debt Free Life: Cheap Meals


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Merry Christmas

Christmas Gift Ideas

Preparing for Baby Step 3

How to Get Things for Free

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

One Way to Save Money - $$$

UPDATE - Debt Tracker

Upate on Income/Expenses

Income Update



Saturday, December 27, 2008
Cheap Meals
By Lynn Forgy

On the menu for this week are some extremely cheap meals (all my money seems to be disappearing in my mouth -- on my teeth).

1) Baked beans and cornbread:
Large Can of Bush's Vegetarian beans - $1.50
Cornbread (I buy a mix that requires egg and milk) - $.45
Total $1.95

2) Pizza:
Dough (homemade, less than $.25)
Sauce - $.88
Cheese (I buy the fat free, but Wal-mart and Kroger usually have shredded cheese on sale for $1.50) - $3.00
$3.88

3) Corn Casserole:
Cornbread (I buy the mix, adding a little more butter to make it more soupy) - $.45
Corn (creamed corn and regular) - $1.00
Sour cream - $.90
Total $2.35

4) Cheesy Potatoes and Broccoli:
Potatoes (I have these already, but a 10 pound bag is now $3.98 at the local Wal-mart)
Cheese - $3.00
Broccoli (I buy the frozen bags) - $1.00
Total $4.00

5) Fried Rice:
Rice (a large box is $2.00, and I'll use about 1/4 of the box) - $.50
Shrimp (small bag of frozen shrimp) - $2.50
Onion (have this on hand)
Green Pepper (it will probably be $1.00 each at the grocery, so I'll wait until these go on sale to have green peppers in my fried rice)
Egg - $.25
Total $3.25
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home