My Debt Free Life: Christmas Gift Ideas


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Preparing for Baby Step 3

How to Get Things for Free

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

One Way to Save Money - $$$

UPDATE - Debt Tracker

Upate on Income/Expenses

Income Update

When I Tithe...

A Word to the Wise

Debt Tracker - UPDATE



Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Christmas Gift Ideas
By Lynn Forgy

In our family, we have tried several ideas for gift giving over the years. These have included drawing a name from a hat, keeping the price of the gift under $5, and my all time favorite - giving "free" gifts.

Last year, we instituted the "free" gifts and will do so again this year. I LOVE this! It's a chance for us to be creative, and can sometimes be very humorous when opening the presents.

My free gifts come from a variety of places.

1) Free Samples - I request as many free samples as I can find. I have gotten coffee samples, free meal coupons, bath and beauty products, etc.

2) Mystery Shopping - For some of the shops I do, I have to purchase something. I try to buy something that is within the reimbursement guidelines, and I look for things for individuals on my list. I have gotten glasses (the kind you drink from), shirts and other clothing, home and garden items, etc. Depending on what type of shops I accept, the list is seemingly endless!

3) Surveys - I have signed up with MyPoints.com, and have earned enough points for a $10 gift card from Kohl's. MyPoints has a variety of merchants from which to choose.

Check back for other ideas regarding cheap or free Christmas gift ideas!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home