My Debt Free Life: When I Was Hungry


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Sunday, December 30, 2007
When I Was Hungry
By Lynn Forgy

I have been obsessing over my New Year's "Goal" (I'm not using the word resolution because I haven't been able to keep them in years past), which is to pay off my remaining debt of $15,000 by the end of May 2008. This is almost half of my annual income. You're probably thinking that I'm crazy, delusional, and/or completely unrealistic. And you may be right, but I have faith that God will provide - maybe not the way that I would like but His will, not mine.




This morning at church, that point really hit home. I have been completely focused on ME. The sermon was about Matthew 25:31-46. The main idea is to treat others as if they are Jesus. This is a particularly difficult thing for me to do - I am not a patient person, I have many days where I don't think that I can take another phone call at work and listen to the complaints or whining, and I have enough problems of my own without worrying about other people's problems. But as a Christian, this is what I should do and what I should want to do. I should feed the hungry, give a drink to the thirsty, clothe those who need it, visit the sick, visit those in prison, and invite strangers in.

These are all things that I am capable of doing - and by doing any one of these things I have taken the focus off of myself. I may not instantly turn into the type of Christian I want to be, but it would be a great start.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home