My Debt Free Life: Steady Plodding


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Beginning of the Month Budget

Homeschool v. Private School

Goal Update

Cash Discounts

Pinching Pennies

Mac and Cheese, Please

Saving Money in the Kitchen

Mystery shopping and other income injections

The Frugal Life

More on Frugal Cleaning



Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Steady Plodding
By Lynn Forgy

Proverbs 21:5 — "Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty."

I am not a patient person, so this concept is hard for
me - to achieve financial freedom will not be an
overnight event. I must stay focused and continue
plodding away on my debt.

How do you stay focused and motivated? What about the
times when you get so fed up with eating only "beans
and rice" as Dave Ramsey says? Or when your shoes
have holes in the bottom of them but a new pair is NOT
in your budget?

For those times, especially when I'm seriously
considering taking the money I've alloted for my Debt
Snowball for that month and blowing it on clothes, or
excessive amounts of groceries, or new shoes, etc.,
etc., I will take a budget sheet from last year, or
the year before if I'm really depressed, just to see
how far I've come. It may not seem like I've made a
lot of progress when I'm living it day by day, but
when I can look back at last year's budget, and
compare the size of my Debt Snowball with this year's,
I can see how my steady plodding is paying off.

This is one of the reasons why holding onto your past
budget worksheets, and Debt Snowball tracking sheets,
is so important. You can visualize what you've done,
the progress you've made, and see where you are in
relation to paying of your debt.

Try it - you might find it gives you your motivation
back when you need it most!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home