My Debt Free Life: One of Life's Struggles


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






More on Mystery Shops

Steady Plodding

Beginning of the Month Budget

Homeschool v. Private School

Goal Update

Cash Discounts

Pinching Pennies

Mac and Cheese, Please

Saving Money in the Kitchen

Mystery shopping and other income injections



Monday, February 11, 2008
One of Life's Struggles
By Lynn Forgy

I have been struggling with my job lately, and for reasons that I won't go into I have been actively seeking a new position. I don't feel like where I'm at now is where I need to be - I am not at my Christian best while I'm there, and I don't feel like my Christian testimony is adding any converts to the church. Probably scaring them off would be closer to the truth.

But at what point is enough enough?

I have been asking myself for the past 2 days if money is a good enough reason to stay - does God want me where I'm at for some reason I can't fathom? And if so, why? And for how long? Questions, questions, and with no answers.

Although maybe the answer I'm getting is one I'm not wanting to hear right now - be patient and wait. Patience has never been a strong point, and it's even harder for me to be patient when I don't know where tomorrow will lead me.

This is where FAITH comes in. I have to trust that God will provide.

I keep telling myself to just hold on, be patient, wait until May when the debt snowball will be paid off or at least more manageable. Waiting, and not knowing, is hard.

My real struggle, then, appears to be faith - is my faith strong enough to stay? Or is it strong enough to leave?
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home