My Debt Free Life: Calculating Electricity Costs


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Electricity costs

Extra Income

Murphy & Me

Pantry Challenge

Update on Debt Snowball

Blog Carnival

Budget Friendly Meal Planning

Freegan

Frugal Links

Splurging



Saturday, April 26, 2008
Calculating Electricity Costs
By Lynn Forgy

With summer just around the corner, I have been worrying more about my upcoming electric bills. Last year, I didn't turn the AC on until June which I suppose saved a little money. However, this year with trying to get out of debt in the next month or so, I want to do even more to lower my monthly expenses.

Some of the ways I will be doing this:

1) Don't turn the AC on until it's so hot in the house we can't breathe :) (Just kidding). But I will keep it set to 80 degrees.

2) Use the crockpot instead of the oven. I do plan on using the oven 1 night per week, Pizza Night. Other than that, I have recipes that I can tweak just a little to accommodate the crockpot.

3) Hang all the clothes out to dry, rather than use the clothes dryer. Fortunately, I live in the cul de sac and my back deck isn't viewable by neighbors.


Check out this website for some really great information, and calculate your electric usage: MichaelBlueJay.com

Another website with useful information: Stretcher.com
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home