My Debt Free Life: Electricity costs


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Extra Income

Murphy & Me

Pantry Challenge

Update on Debt Snowball

Blog Carnival

Budget Friendly Meal Planning

Freegan

Frugal Links

Splurging

This Week's Frugal Dinner Menu



Thursday, April 17, 2008
Electricity costs
By Lynn Forgy

I'm back after a brief hiatus - and I have a bee in my bonnet. I have been obsessing over utility bills lately, particularly electricity. With summer just around the corner, I know my AC will be on quite a bit, although I hope to not to turn it on until June. Last year at this time, my electric bill was $130. This year - $72! I began several weeks ago to cut out the use of the oven, except 1 time per week when we have pizza for dinner. The remaining meals I cook in the crockpot. I've done a little research, and found that the cost to use an electric oven for 1 hour is $.20. Compare this to the cost of using a crockpot for 7 hours = $.07. Using a microwave is more economical, as well, when compared to the oven.

I am beginning to see that just about anything I can cook in the oven, I can cook in the crockpot: macaroni and cheese, vegetables, chicken/stuffing bake, potato soup, etc.

There are other ways that you can save a little on your electric bill, but I was fascinated with the amount of savings I can see just by using the crockpot rather than the oven.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home