My Debt Free Life: Goal Update


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Cheap, Quick & Easy Dinners

Lessons I've Learned

Calculating Electricity Costs

Electricity costs

Extra Income

Murphy & Me

Pantry Challenge

Update on Debt Snowball

Blog Carnival

Budget Friendly Meal Planning



Sunday, May 18, 2008
Goal Update
By Lynn Forgy

I wanted to provide an update on my goal of paying off my 2 remaining debts (not including the house), or Baby Step #2. As it stands now, I have $900 left to pay on my car (Woo Hoo!) and $6000 left on my student loan (Yuck!). Obviously, this means I did not meet my goal of paying off everything by the end of this month. However, I will say that I am a lot closer than I sometimes thought I would be.

I have an additional $500 that was going to go towards the car debt this month to bring my total left due down to $6400, but I need to use that to fix the erosion problem going on in my backyard. I also haven't gotten paid for my mystery shopping for the month of May, which should be around $266.

So, my revised goal is to have the remaining debt, $6900, paid off by August 15th. During this time, I will have to pay about $500 for homeschool materials, a dentist visit (hopefully only $100), and 3 trips (educational of course, and short excursions, too). I know some of you may be thinking 'But why take 3 vacations, even if they are short, rather than paying that towards the debt???' The reason is simple: I am TIRED! And my family and I could use some "together time". I have been working a full time job and a part time job since August, plus an additional part time job since January. Each week, I work at least 6 days and sometimes 7. I need a break. You can rest assured that our trips will be paid for in cash, though. :)
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home