My Debt Free Life: The Budget Blues


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Income Ideas

Pay Per Post

Surveys / Extra Money

The Debt I've Paid

Too Much Month at the End of the Money

Goal Update

Cheap, Quick & Easy Dinners

Lessons I've Learned

Calculating Electricity Costs

Electricity costs



Friday, June 06, 2008
The Budget Blues
By Lynn Forgy

On my journey to debt freedom, I have noticed that there are times, particularly on the 5th and 20th of each month, when I began to feel dejected and almost depressed about my budget. It seems so tight at those times, largely due to the fact that I've gotten paid 5 days prior and already the money is gone to bills and leaving not as much as I would like to go towards the debt snowball.



But during those periods of "budget blues", I also notice that I began to clear out more of the clutter in my house. Ultimately, the stuff I no longer want, need or use ends up in the basement awaiting our impending yard sale.

During these times I also worry away the time by making lists. A lot of members of my family are avid list makers, and not only is it a "hobby" of mine, it has become a sort of obsession. My current list entails coming up with ideas to make a little extra money - either by making things to sell or thinking of services that I could provide that others are willing to pay for. With a lot of people becoming increasingly concerned about their own budgets and financial situations, it seems like people are tightening their belts and trying to spend less money on non-essentials, which in my mind limits the possibilities on my list. But still I persevere.

1) Today, I went through the Yellow Pages of the local phone book to try to generate ideas.

2) Last week, I checked out a local grocery store's floral section (during one my mystery shops - I like to multi-task) to get ideas on putting together and selling candy vases and similar items.

3) My mother has suggested putting together a frugal book, giving recipes and suggestions on things I've done and am doing to live as minimally as possible.

4) I plan on doing more research on ChaCha.com to find out if this is something that I could do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home