My Debt Free Life: The Debt I've Paid


Get Paid to Read Emails

Another Way to Get Paid to Read Emails!

Get Paid for Your Opinion

Search & Win

Subscribe in a reader

PPP Direct



Check out our new YouTube video at the bottom of this page!



Virtual Assistant

Simply Clean

*NEW: 3 Peas In a Pod






Google It!
 




Send Email





UPDATED JAN. 2011:
Baby Emergency Fund $1,000 - Completed December 2010


Personal Loan: $1,400

Credit Card #1: $1,697

Credit Card #2: $800






Too Much Month at the End of the Money

Goal Update

Cheap, Quick & Easy Dinners

Lessons I've Learned

Calculating Electricity Costs

Electricity costs

Extra Income

Murphy & Me

Pantry Challenge

Update on Debt Snowball



Sunday, May 25, 2008
The Debt I've Paid
By Lynn Forgy

In calculating the amount of debt I paid off since fully committing to Dave Ramsey's plan, I came up with this total:

$14,888

This amount represents just the payments applied to debt. During the past year, I've paid off this much of my debt, but also was able to purchase health insurance for myself 3 months ago for the first time in 7 years! Not to toot my own horn, but some of the other things I've paid cash for during this time include:

- Paid cash for the labor of finishing out the basement bathroom
- Paid state taxes
- Paid copays and prescription costs for my daughter
- Paid for Christmas presents for my daughter
- Paid cash for the construction of stairs on the 2nd floor deck

Most importantly, however, is the fact that I have not used a credit card or store credit since 1 year ago. Sometimes this seems like such a long journey to get out of debt, and it's hard for me to continually stay focused on the goal. During those times, if I can manage to think instead on how far I've come, instead of how far I have left to go, it's a little harder to lose hope and faith.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home